Since 2008, Kiran has empowered victims/survivors by providing access to information, education, and other necessary social and economic support that best reflects each person's interests and needs.
Kiran's mission is to serve victims of domestic abuse by providing information, crisis counseling, legal advocacy, referrals, skills development, and other culturally-sensitive support services needed to meet the unique challenges they face.
What CAN KIRAN DO FOR ME?
- 24-hour crisis line: Call 1-877-625-4726 for 24-hour, round-the-clock, confidential assistance from one of our intensively trained crisis counselors
- Safety Planning: Personalized, practical planning that can help in avoiding future dangerous situations
- Translation Assistance: Interpretation assistance is available for clients originating from South Asian countries
Secure Housing: Assist client in securing stable housing through strong partnerships with collaborative partners
Empowerment: Empower clients and their families to to live safe, healthy and productive lives
- Resource Referrals: Legal referrals to family law, immigration, and criminal attorneys; referrals to secure, confidential shelters and other forms of temporary housing; and medical referrals to primary physicians, specialty care providers, and counselors/therapists
- Secondary Family Services: Assistance in arranging childcare, transportation services, and medical referrals for immediate family members
- Client Advocacy: Intensive case management encompassing court accompaniment, assistance with domestic violence protective order (dvpo) filing, green card applications, and more.