(Part-Time/15 hours a week)
Kiran seeks a part time Outreach Coordinator to fulfill the following job responsibilities. This is a one year, grant funded, part-time position.
- Responsible for volunteer recruitment, management, and engagement
- Actively seek and secure opportunities for Kiran to participate in community events and health fairs in NC
- Develop and manage relationships with businesses and South Asian community leaders and other South Asian non-profits
- Manage volunteer assignments and plan Kiran Outreach events
- Actively engage diverse South Asian cultural and religious groups
- Lead on planning, managing and executing the Teen Empowerment Workshops
- Engage with South Asian teens to promote Kiran’s Youth Empowerment Program
- Assist the Case Manager in client matters as and when needed
- Provide back-up assistance for client matters and on the crisis hotline.
- Work closely with the Program Manager to manage internal programming for the agency and the organization's social media outlets.
- Report directly to the Executive Director and carry out any other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in social work, psychology, education, or other human services related field, knowledge and understanding of domestic violence issues in the South Asian community
- Experience in organizing and executing community outreach events
- Volunteer or work experience at a non-profit or community based organization
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals from different nationalities and ethnicities
- Verbal proficiency in at least one South Asian language is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well-organized, detailed, self-directed, highly motivated, with strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, design software, website design and management
- Must be located in the Triangle area of North Carolina or be willing to relocate at own expense
- Ability to work flexible hours is mandatory (including some evenings and weekends)
- Ability and willingness to travel to attend conferences, trainings, and other events as required
- Must have a U.S. driver's license and car
How to Apply
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday November 3rd.
- Cover letter
- 3 references including a minimum of 2 employment supervisor and/or educational supervisor reference.